Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Meow Supplies

You may remember a blog from the past about cat supplies - or the lack thereof - here in the Philippines. I have been able to locate a few necessary supplies for our kitty but for the most part, the pet supplies in Canada are far superior to the ones you find here (I'm sorry to admit that Philippines ... really I am. I love you and all but it's the truth). So during my three week Christmas holiday in Vancouver I stocked up on as many cat supplies as I could find. Not only did I buy almost a year's supply of cat food (no, you can't find her brand name here; and yes, she's spoiled), but I also bought play things, scratching posts, vitamins, and pills, powders and creams for illnesses she may, or may not acquire in the future. That's right! I bought medication for presently nonexisting diseases - how's that for cat owner insanity? With all these supplies I'm wondering if I should open up my own pet supplies store. A store dedicated to the well-being of cats only (hey, there are stores here specifically dedicated to dogs; shouldn't cats get there time in the spotlight too?). Although, if I do that, poor Daphne (yes, my cat's name in Daphne) will have to share her supplies with the tiny Filipino cats I see hanging out everywhere. Hmmmm, sharing or hoarding, sharing or hoarding? I'll ask Daphne!

Daphne says hoarding. Sorry Pinoy Cats, this Canuck Cat doesn't want to share!

No comments: