Friday, January 25, 2008

Don't Drink The Water

"Don't Drink The Water"

That's what they always say. Who are they? Well, everyone really. They tell you every time you travel to not drink the water. Especially in certain countries. The Philippines, unfortunately, is one of those countries.

"Don't drink the water", "Stay away from the water", "Don't brush your teeth with the water", "Don't go close to the water", "Drink bottled water - NOT tap water", "Don't have the ice that's WATER!", "HEY YOU, STOP DRINKING THE DAMN WATER!!!"

Well, I don't know how it happened; maybe since I've lived in the Philippines for so long I've gotten relaxed about the whole thing. Maybe I've gotten sloppy. But eariler this week I did the most evil of evil things: I drank the water. Now, I won't go into the disgusting, painful and messy details of my water drinking endeavor but I will say this: these last three days are 3 days I've lost forever. I'll never get those days back. One glass of water was one powerful potion of evil. I've lost 3 days, you could lose more ... so the next time someone tells you not to drink the water: BLOODY WELL LISTEN.

Okay, that's my rant for the day; you can get back to your lives...





And oh, by the way...

...Don't drink the water!

2 comments:

Kazzy said...

I have written a chapter in that book too.

Hope you are on speaking terms with your innards again!

Anonymous said...

Innards seem to be doing well enough again. They didn't appreciate that trip down parasite lane. :)