Monday, January 14, 2008

Christmas Day 2007

I'm finally blogging about our Christmas Day!

Aimee and I hosted Christmas Day dinner this year (and last year for that matter) at our house in Richmond. We cooked most of the food but our family brought some too. It was a great day. It was the first time in years that all of my Grandfather's kids (my mom and her siblings) were together for Christmas. It was also the first time ever (that I can remember) that we had a white Christmas. I define 'white Christmas' when it's actually snowing outside on Christmas Day. Obviously, since this was Vancouver, it started to rain later on in the evening but at least we had a little snow! Here are a few photos taken throughout the evening.

Every year we not only celebrate Christmas but we celebrate my Grandfather's birthday. When I was younger I used to get confused why we were opening Christmas gifts but all the elders of the family where singing 'Happy Birthday'. For years I thought my family were insane until I realized it's possible to have Christmas and a bithday fall on the same day. This photo shows my Grandpa with his birthday cake as well as my niece. If you think my niece's expression is that of a little girl about to scream her head off in tears you're probably right. You see, my niece also has a birthday in December so as soon as December arrives every year she just assumes every cake she sees is hers. So when my Grandpa blew out the candles she freaked. I guess she felt she was getting robbed of the birthday cake candle blowing experience. But like most kids, did she stay mad long....?

She stayed mad for maybe 20 seconds. As you can tell by this photo her moods change rather quickly.

I stole this photo from my brother-in-law's blog. All smiles on Christmas day!

Here's Aimee and our Charlie Brown Christmas tree. We did have a larger tree in the other room but for some odd reason I only took this photo. Maybe this is why I'm not a wedding photographer; I'll probably forget to take pictures of the bride and groom.

Here we have my niece and my cousin.

And finally, the only other photo I took that night: my Uncle, Aunt, Mom and Dad. I think the total lack of photos is due to the fact Aimee and I were playing hosts. We spent so much time playing the role of good hosts that there really wasn't any time for picture taking. Oh wait, I did take one other photo...

This is the saddest photo ever! This is the photo I took after all our guests left. Christmas Day 2007 is officially over! It's even more depressing that our guests weren't curdious enough to close our gate. How rude! As payback I'll give them less rum in their eggnog next Christmas!

Happy 2008 Blog Buddies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

I think I've been spammed? Is this comment spam? If it's spam my blog has gone up in the world! I've now joined the world of spam marketing. I'm not sure if I should be happy or annoyed.