Thursday, September 20, 2007

SPAMJAM

I was looking through some old photos I took here in the Philippines and I came across this amusing restaurant. I've haven't been to this mall recently so this restaurant may or may not still exist. But exist or not it's still worth a blog.

Filipinos love Spam! Everytime we go grocery shopping I'm amazed by the size and selection of the Spam aisle. Sure we have Spam in Canada but have you ever seen Garlic Spam, Spam Lite, Hot & Spicy Spam, Cheese Spam, or my favourite, 70th Anniversary Spam (I hope this one is only a marketing ploy to celebrate Spam's 70th Birthday and not that the Spam inside the can is 70 years old!)? When you're in a country that loves Spam this much what's the next step in Spamdom? A restaurant of course! Roll out the red carpet and welcome to SPAMJAM!


Although I don't eat Spam I found myself attracted to the happy Spam mascot waving to me.


He certainly seems ecstatic about offering up the lives of his Spam brothers to the world! I went in and looked at the menu.

They offer up a delicious selection of Spam and eggs, Spam burgers, Spam fries, Spam Poppers, Spam Hotdogs, and many other Spam-tastic combinations. I didn't see any Spam desserts (thankfully).


Aimee loves Spam (like all good Filipinos) but hasn't tasted a morsel for years. Apparently she says it's bad for you. Spam? Bad for you? How can that be??

There are Spam factories in the USA, Denmark, South Korea and, you guessed it, the Philippines!


To conclude: Here's a photo of some 70 year old Spam!

3 comments:

aileen_nai said...

where is this spam restaurant located? i want to try it sometime.

Kenniverse said...

Glorietta 4, second floor!

Anonymous said...

spam? surely you jest!!!?