Monday, May 18, 2009

Little Boy Spooky

Aimee has been getting ultrasounds once every month and each of these never seem to produce a picture that actually looks like a baby.  Sure, you may see an arm here, a leg there, the top of the head, but collectively, never a whole complete image of our baby.  The ultrasound image below is no different; it's still bits and pieces of our baby but at least it's the most complete, and clear, image we've have of our baby's face so far. 

nathaneal

You can see his head, face and his hand/arm raising beside his cheek.  It's really hard to get a true sense of what he's actually going to look like with this image but it's still really awesome to see nonetheless.  I see he's inherited my fat baby cheeks.  If you think my cheeks at pronounced now you should have seen me as a baby. 

Ultrasounds are pretty spooky aren't they?  I've read enough science fiction to automatically think of images of babies floating in cloning tanks with I see this picture.  Ignoring my creepy imagination I guess you could say he really is floating in a cloning tank.  Instead of a tank there's a womb, and instead of being a copy of either Aimee and I he's a beautiful potpourri of both our DNA.

As the time gets closer (two more months!) I can't believe how excited I am about the whole thing.  I mean, obviously I'm excited but I'm so excited I want him out now!  Waiting two more months to see his little face seems like an eternity away.  I'm sure Aimee can add a slightly different viewpoint of the 'waiting time' since she's the one currently carrying the baby and not me.

His nursery is coming together nicely.  The crib is built as well as other secondary furniture.  The crib set came with a hat rack which still confuses me even now.  Do babies actually own enough hats and justify owning a hat rack?  I assume we can hang other clothing off of it if he ends up lacking in the hat department.  Maybe it can become a diaper rack?  I'm designing artwork for the room.  I figure with my graphic arts experience - something I've stopped developing sadly - I'm sure I can paint something a baby will appreciate.  He is, after all, my biggest fan/critic.  Once the nursery is 100% together Aimee and I will post pictures here on the blog.

Time is a ticking ... I'm totally psyched!

No comments: